Wedding preparation is both exciting and full of challenges. You have time-sensitive decisions and investments to make and I know it can be a daunting task. Here is a complete guide to choosing the right wedding photographer from Carissa Kruse, a wedding pro in the know. Regardless if you are hiring Weddings By Carue Team or another studio, we have created some helpful tips and questions for you to use to find the perfect photographer for your wedding day.
Wedding photography is an art, it is not about a nice camera and taking a lot of pictures to just cover the bases. The goal of this article is to help you choose the best photographer for your wedding. You will find a lot of freelance photographers that dabble in weddings, so making sure you hire a dependable and reliable photographer is so important. You are probably booking a wedding photographer around 9 – 12 months in advance and paying a deposit, so you want to make sure they will be around when your wedding day comes.
Make sure your wedding photographer passes this 11 item checklist before hiring them:
- Professional Website
- Quick and Responsive (24 hour turnaround)
- Reviews (The Knot, WeddingWire, Google)
- Presence on The Knot and WeddingWire
- Wedding Portfolio (not just any portfolio, a specific wedding portfolio)
- Dedicated to Weddings Full-Time
- Social Media – Facebook / Instagram Presence
- Have a Backup in case of an emergency
- Services Contract
Be sure your wedding photographer includes the following 8 items in their packages:
- High Resolution Digital Files
- Printing Rights to Your Photos
- Online Viewing Gallery (so you can share with friends and family)
- Wedding Timeline Creation
- Professional Editing of Digital Files
- Flexible Payment Options
- Ability to Share a Pinterest Board with Your Ideas
- Helpful Wedding Resources / Recommendations / Planning Tips
Having been interviewed by, having consulted with countless couples and experienced a lot of couples weddings, no wedding is the same. Every wedding is different and every family is different, but it is important to just do you!
Work with your photographer to find out what is most important to you on your wedding day. Once we know what is most important as a photographer, we can work with you to build your wedding day timeline to ensure we capture all those important moments.
If you are still searching for a wedding photographer, let’s chat as Weddings By Carue passes the 11 item checklist above and we include all 8 items in our contracts/proposals.